CottonCandieFabric.com

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The support for Love for Layla has been overwhelming. I seriously get chills when I take the blocks out to look at them.

Our total block count as of right now is 148. I can't believe it. When I first discussed this idea with Heather I thought maybe we could get the co-op involved. These lovely ladies blogged and tweeted and even got a few threads shut down on Etsy. Word spread and an abundance of love was shown.

I'm waiting on just a few more blocks and then will begin construction. I've started work on the centerpiece of the parents quilt and have dived blocks evenly between Jenna and Claire's quilt.

I have a HUGE list of people I want to link to that didn't send any information with their blocks. If this is you please email me at candie@cottoncandiefabric.com and let me know your blog, Etsy, flickr...whatever! I just want to make sure you get the credit you so deserve!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That's an awesome number, Candace. Thank you so much for all of the work you're putting into the quilts. I wish we lived closer so I could help more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad the turnout was so successful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes me so happy that so many people made blocks to honor Layla!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's me again. :) Thank you again for putting this together. I'm so excited to see the quilts, and I know they will be great.

    By the way, I nominated you for a Sunshine Award because I love you and your work. Please stop by my blog when you have a chance to check it out :)

    xo,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete