CottonCandieFabric.com

Sunday, March 14, 2010

ORBC Pinwheel Quilt Along

I love the Old Red Barn Co blog but I love the quilt alongs even more. Everyone is so helpful and creative. I love to look through the gallery just looking at color choices for inspiration.

What I DON'T love is this quilt. I'm not sure why, I love aqua, red and white, I like the idea of pinwheels, but when its all put together its just a little ehh. I also was out of a true white so I used Kona snow. Against the Ta Dots it looks a little dingy, especially up close.






Perhaps its because the back stretched and puckered like nobody's business. I think the real reason is I REALLY want to tear into my new Dewberry fabric to make a living room quilt. I'm making myself hold off until Layla's quilts are done though!

2 comments: